1/72 Airfix Grumman Duck (Murphy’s War) – Build Log

3rd November 2013

Looking at the cockpit today with fresh eyes, it just looked way too plain. So I started on Operation Tart-up.
First I thinned out the fuselage sides – as shown circled in red. The sides are left thick where the glass will attach.
[WP_20131103_14_08_08_Pro__highres1]

 

Then I added some ribbing made from plasticard to create a bit of interest and to provide something to weather wash. I also fashioned a throttle from part of the machine gun which isn’t being used with a blob of solder glued onto it to form a knob.
[WP_20131103_20_34_14_Pro__highres1]

 

Same for the right hand side except a bit of tinned copper wire has been doubled up and run through the cockpit over the ribbing.
[WP_20131103_20_34_35_Pro__highres1]

 

Also added a few plasticard details to the seats, floor and rear bulkhead – again to try to break up the boring slabs of plastic and to provide something to weather and wash.
[WP_20131103_20_35_22_Pro__highres1]

Thanks for visiting!

I write this blog for fun, to share what I've learned, and to share my builds with you. If you like what you see here please leave a comment, and head over to facebook and like my page!

Cheers - Rich



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*